Random TV Quote Generator

Wednesday 3 February 2010

The Brothers Grimm (2005)

Johnathan Pryce (Evita), Lena Headey, (Terminator, The Sarah Connor Chronicals), Matt Damon (Dogma), Heath Ledger (Brokeback Mountain) & Mackenzie Crook (Pirates of the Caribbean).

An all star cast and even though the concept was good, telling the life - with embelishes of the Brothers Grimm from when they were children to adulthood, where they travel the land like a pre-supernatural duo, they find themselves working for the ruling French in Germany - Did I miss a history lesson but did the French actually occupy Germany? Well that might not be remembered by me, but the film was very dark which is hardly surprising as its from the direction of Terry Gilliam, who isn't known for his light work.

As always Johnathan Pryce did a sterling performance and I thought the Queen was really pretty too, shame she was a bad guy! To be quite honest and I don't take this lightly but I have this sinking feeling that the film would of been a whole lot better if Matt Damon wasn't in it, I just got a dread of disappointment every time he came onto the screen - I guess I just see him as Loki - even with the credible English Accent, it just didn't work for me but overall the film was watchable and good acting mainly held up by Pryce. I would say that I would not want to see it again, at least now I can say that I have.