Random TV Quote Generator

Sunday 15 September 2013

Book Group - September 2013

whaaaa! I just realised that I have not done my update for book group, considering that this month is actually two books that I want to read - I do try to read books that I wouldn't normally read but it's just too hard, the last one, Gillespie and I by Jane Harris was diabolical and I only got to the first page before I put it down, which doesn't really bode well for others reading it, although they managed to get through it and there was a lively discussion, but as it always does since reading it, it did roll round to 50 Shades of Grey, which I seem to recollect that's what happened the time before that!!

the books were got from Sheffield Library which is always a good thing because we do need to support our libraries, even if they want you to have a separate ticket for your book group.

Anyway, we have two books, the first is Barak Obama, Dreams from my father, which is a biography and that is my favourite writing style. I am finding scintillating and can't seem to put it down, I am at chapter 14, so I'm way on track to finish before the next book group meeting. His writing seems very planned and well thought-out because you know there are going to be people who will analyze and pull it to bits but I think the book makes him even more presidential.


The other is Wife of the North by Judith O'Reilly. I have yet to read it, and have every intention of reading it, even en the blurb  thinks that the 'North' is Northumberland, or am I getting it confused with Northhampton?!



 And if you are so inclined, you can get your non-paper version by owning a
Kindle Fire get it here for the Kindle.
Dreams From My Father
Wife in the North