Random TV Quote Generator

Monday 17 January 2011

In another couple of months and I'll be able to say I'm not a blogger

Yes, now is the time that I hold my head in shame to know that I haven't even bothered lookin in on my little blogger, i know it has been a streesful time for me but there should be no excuse for neglect :(

So, there was the lead up to Christmas, my uncle phoning me to say that he had been in hospital for three weeks before and he thought I should know that there was a query from the doctors that he had lung cancer, I get down to London and they confirm it, then the next thing (although I was fully briefed) I know he's in a hospice  and they are taking good care of him. Everyone is saying their goodbyes and muppett that I am can't even say three words to him.

He passed away just before Christmas Day.

He is the last of my living family by blood and it is hard to know that no matter if I didn't agree with him and think his ideas strange, it will be the last time I can talk to him properly.....I even made him some boobies which I would of not done for anyone else but him, (subsequently got lost because i don't think he knew they were his) hubby asked me if I could make him a pair even after I accidentally left a pin in it which stabbed him - I'm trying to go with adversion therapy for him ;)

Apart from that my crafting stuff has pretty much holted, I seem to be spending most of my time smoking, I know it's a failing but I couldn't help myself with all that was going on, and I had to deal with Londoners which isn't one of my best past times as the best of times. I had bought some wool to make another jumper for my nephew but both him and his sister said they didn't like them and they wanted them to look different - I can't be doing unappreciative kids at the moment, I already have three on my doorstep already! Maybe I'll do socks for the nephew instead.

A Scottish Clan Over Six Hundred Years of Naval and Military History