Random TV Quote Generator

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Project 1, 2, 3, and beyond!!!

 I just wish I had thought, "No Jaye ANY knitted clothes would be a bad idea" and that is what has happened although I am not ready to give it up yet, with the help of The Wool Baa and the constant "Have you finished it, Mum?" I will do it, it's just the sleeves. The blocking and putting it all together which I'm looking forward to much more than doing the sleeves!!

I also did a T.A.R.D.I.S bookmark, in cross stitch in two days, it was a bit rushed but it looked fine when I had finished it :)

....better news I have two lap blankets for Nanna, now all I need to do is see which one I am able to finish first.This is a test ripple, I finally did it after seeing Attic24's  ripple blanket when she first did it and thinking 'that is lovely, I wish I could do that' but it wasn't to be, for some reason even though her tutorial is very thourough, I am very slow and with lots of attempts then, it finally fell into place with going back there and getting  Rowan Crochet Workshop.



So I have the intial wool in two colours Chunky Life, which I haven't taken a picture of yet but I think that it is is going a lot faster than the 4 colours.


and this is the lovely 100%Merino with four colours, that I picked out myself even though I feel a little colour blind I think the colours have gone well together!!

I also have been in search of colours for the boy as he really wants a Harry Potter blanket, it's gold and Maroon and luckily the brand Robin, which is cheap as chips and I know I can get a nice blanket out of it and it's not ging to cost a fortune even though I reckon that it's going to be 5 balls a piece.


I am also still on the look out for Dr Who colour for the scarf, it's all very well saying Vanna's choice, Plymouth Encore and Red Heart Soft, but really, what is the chance of getting them here without a massive duty stuck on it!